Purpose of Position: The News Specialist is responsible for all aspects of TV news production including directing, robotic, cameras, audio, computer graphics, teleprompter, shooting and editing video for multimedia platforms. Successful candidates are solid technical troubleshooters with good communication skills. They have a prominent role in setting and maintaining station standard of quality in broadcasts.
Essential Duties of Position:
- Serve as a capable director for live and taped productions using Ross Overdrive Automation.
- Troubleshoot equipment issues and act quickly and professionally to ensure we are providing viewers a high-quality broadcast.
- Collaborate with producers to provide highest quality of service to both the News Department and our broadcast viewers.
- Insert Ross Overdrive codes for later execution during live broadcast.
- Operate robotic cameras, graphics video servers, audio equipment and video switcher using Ross Overdrive software and peripherals.
- Before and during live broadcast, preview graphic and video for accuracy before delivering to air.
- Monitor on-air signals, ingest daily programming and commercials, and operate the Master Control automation system.
40% News Videography/Editing
- Serve as a capable photographer for assigned shoots and breaking news scenarios.
- Download and edit video content for air using non-linear editing software.
- Responsible for regular care and maintenance of photography equipment including camera, microphones, and lights.
- Maintain news vehicles according to company guidelines and submit monthly odometer reports.
- Various other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge and experience in live television production are preferred. Candidate must have above average skills in communication and multi-tasking. Demonstrate excellent skills in handling high stress environment and operating in a team environment. A strong knowledge of computers and broadcast standards required. Experience with: Ross Overdrive, Master Control Automation, Robotic Cameras, Broadcast Audio Mixers, Video Servers and Graphics Devices a plus, non-linear editing, videography using Sony or Panasonic digital video cameras.
Year of Experience: Prefer a minimum of one-year experience in live television production and/or as a news videographer.
Physical Requirement: Strength and coordination sufficient to perform job duties and work in cramped spaces. Hearing, vision, depth perception and hand-to-eye coordination sufficient to perform job duties. Visual and auditory acuity necessary to operate equipment and identify color-coding. Ability to tolerate temperature, weather extremes and low light conditions.
Qualified applicants, please apply directly to Chief Engineer, Kris Anderson, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference NewsJobsWFXG in the subject line and attached your resume and links to your work. Augusta TV LLC, WFXG Fox 54 is a proud member of the Lockwood Broadcast Group. Pre-employment drug screen, driving record, and background check required. No phone calls please. We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.