WFXG FOX 54 in Augusta, Georgia, has an immediate opening for a Newscast Producer.
This position is responsible for the day-to-day production of assigned newscast(s). You will determine the content and flow of broadcasts, work with management and on-air staff to generate and write stories, and also produce content for our website and social media platforms.
The successful candidate will enterprise news content through a variety of methods including beat calls, social media, and cultivated sources. Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays is a must.
Must be a strong writer and copy editor with excellent editorial judgment, time management and multi-tasking skills, and the ability to prioritize and re-prioritize quickly.
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- 2 years of experience preferred, open to recent graduates with strong internship experience
- Prior news experience or internship preferred
- Understanding of the tenets of professional journalism
- Knowledge of non-linear video editing software a plus
- You must be highly organized with the ability to juggle crews/resources and make quick decisions under intense deadline pressure
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Candidate must quickly become proficient in newsroom software and applications including ENPS, Edius, Oasis/Bitcentral, LiveU, Ross Xpression, Frankly Media, social media platforms.
Qualified applicants, please apply directly to News Director, Mark Rosen, at MRosen@wfxg.com. Please reference NewsJobsWFXG in the subject line and attach your resume and links to your work. No phone calls.
Augusta TV LLC, WFXG Fox 54 is a proud member of the Lockwood Broadcast Group. Pre-employment drug screen, driving record and background check required.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.